Saturday, April 4, 2009

Exit 4A South Beach Jesus

You know I wasn’t going to be leaving South Beach, Miami without finding some funky Jesus related item. We’re all familiar with the ICHTHUS fish – that early Christian symbol: Jesus Christ, God’s Son, Savior…



We also are well aware that several disciples were local fishermen and that Jesus would change their lives to become fishers of men. But what I found just off Collins Avenue baffled me just a bit: The Crucifix Fish.

To my great dismay, my cell phone camera couldn’t pick up the back-story and I just knew it had to be a doosey. Then I found this link which explained it all: http://www.seashellcity.com/sealife/legends.html

As all good trips must come to an end, when I saw this sign, I knew I was back home.




Job 5:11 "The lowly he sets on high, and those who mourn are lifted to safety."***see link above

1 comment:

Gigi said...

NJJ, I had never heard of the "Crucifix Fish!" Amazing!

Have a blessed week!