Sunday, March 29, 2009

Exit 1 Miami Jesus


I realize Miami is not in New Jersey but I’m here at the week-long Miami Music Festival so there.






This non-stop international DJ fest is the last place I would expect to find Jesus but hey, he always does show up in the most unlikely of places.

As I scoped the uber-trendy rooftop party at the ultra-cool Ganvesort South…it was the usual seen and be seen scene. Mr. DJ was doing his thing and then I heard it: (thump, thump, thump) For Father, Son and Holy Ghost (thump, thump, thump) For Father, Son and Holy Ghost…What do you know? The Trinity was in the house!

Then it was off to downtown for the White Room party. As the cab pulled off Exit 1, I felt right at home. There, DJ Roy Davis Jr. was spinning, To my God who was Crucified, and I was starting to believe in the whole God is a DJ thing.


Next on the turntables (well, they use computers these days) was Todd Edwards spinning, Face to Face. The musical encounter of his meeting, well, who else? Jesus.

I guess all the religion was a bit much for the Miami police as they pulled the plug (literally) at 3:30am for a local noise violation.

Luke 19:40
"I tell you," he replied, "if they keep quiet, the stones will cry out."

1 comment:

Gigi said...

Awesome, awesome, awesome!! YES! The Father will have His message heard!

I love Miami...my Sweet Hubby and I spent many happy hours there. Sounds like you enjoyed yourself as well!!