Sunday, October 5, 2008

Exit: Alexander Rd, Rt 1 - Princeton Jesus





In 1933, Albert Einstein relocated to Princeton. Einstein described Princeton as "a quaint and ceremonious village of puny demigods on stilts." The town is still quaint and the locals here are the most educated bunch in the state.



Forget the US mint with the, "In God We Trust" motto. The University’s vault contains a Byzantine coin from 1000 AD which reads both in Latin and Greek, "IHESUS CHRISTI BASILEUS BASILEI" or "Jesus Christ, King of Kings." Imagine that.




And the Princeton elite do think about Jesus, quite often as it turns out. In just a few weeks Princeton will host the "Jesus Seminar On the Road." Lectures are all about Jesus...
Jesus: From Nazareth to Nicea
Jesus: In the First Century
Jesus: For the Twenty-first Century.


Matthew 14: "And when the men of that place recognized Jesus, they sent word to all the surrounding country…"

3 comments:

Gigi said...

How cool! I wish we could attend the "Jesus seminars!"

Jamie said...

Princeton? Isn't that the Davidson of the North? ;)

Caleb Henry said...

Haha. You probably have no idea who I am, as I have no idea who you are. But I am a student at Princeton (Seminary), and I found your blog through another blog. I really enjoy your blog. I would be interested in talking to you more about the Christian faith. Peace.